The origins of this obsession can be traced back to 4 years. That’s when I found a recipe to this and made it for the first time for me. Need I even describe the experience?
What’s amazing about a mug cake?
- it’s happiness come in a mug!
- SOOO easy to make!
- short and sweet process.
- it’s CAKE y’all.
- you can top it with literally anything
Ever since I made it, I’ve been obsessed with it, and next followed multiple experiments and improvisations to the recipe, and I can proudly say now I’m an expert at mug cakes.
So my recipe goes like this:
Things you’ll need:
- cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- baking soda
- a fork
How to make this:
- take a dry mug and add 2 and a half tablespoons of flour.
- add sugar based on your stress levels. for good outcome I would recommend 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- now, add 1 cup of milk and whisk well with your fork.
- add 1 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- add a pinch of salt for professionalism.
- mix this in well, and heat for 3 mins in a microwave.
- NOTE: AFTER MIXING IN EVERYTHING, MAKE SURE YOUR UNCOOKED BATTER ISN’T ABOVE HALF THE LEVEL OF THE MUG, OR ELSE IT’S GOING TO OVERFLOW.
- wash the fork you used to mix the batter, with water, and dry. use to eat the cake.
- if it’s an extra stressful day add a scoop of ice cream.
AAAND YOU’RE DONE.
YOU CAN SHARE YOUR RESULT WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM @crazylittlerowling.
- extra shit to keep in mind: you can substitute the cocoa powder with chocolate syrup or even better, with dark chocolate chunks.
- just remember to melt the chunks before adding milk. half to quarter a bar of chocolate would work.
- you can skip the salt and butter if you’d want.